Keep your leather floors looking beautiful with these tips!
Leather floors add instant sophistication to any décor! Therefore, SIF is proud to say that we have our very own line of recycled leather tiles that are truly stunning! Properly named, our Elegance line, is available in five luxurious colors. From Greystone to Dark Chocolate, we have the right color for your next design. However, it is important to note that leather tiles need to be cared for properly. With this in mind, we wanted to provide some simple tips and tricks to keep your floors looking beautiful!
- Any leather floor will carry characteristics of the environment and the lifestyle of the area in which it is installed. In other words, it will develop both character and a lovely patina over time. Thus, in order to keep it aging gracefully, it should be vacuumed with a soft brush or mopped with a very well-wrung-out mop.
- Dust-mop (with a non-treated, clean mop) or vacuum regularly to remove loose soil and fine dust particles that can scratch finished floors.
- Wipe up spills quickly with a cloth or sponge and clean as recommended.
- Never use wet mops, highly acidic or alkaline cleaners, non-recommended commercial cleaners or polishes. In addition, we recommend not using treated mops that have been used to clean other areas.
- 70% or more of dirt on floors in your environment is tracked in from the outside. In fact, one square yard of matting can capture one pound of soil. Therefore, we suggest using entryway mats to capture in tracked dirt.
- Finally, to help minimize expansion and contraction, use a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain an even level of humidity. For example, anywhere between 40% and 60% is perfect!