Granorte is the only cork supplier to add MICROBAN® to the floating floors. Floating floors do not sit directly on the wood or concrete subfloor, and if moisture gets in that space it can promote the growth of microbes (fungus), so MICROBAN® is added to the bottom of the floating floors. Glue-down floors have no need for the Microban®, but are antimicrobial in nature due to the fact that it is made out of cork.
- Hypoallergenic: Cork does not absorb dust and, consequently, does not cause allergies nor pose a risk to asthma sufferers.
- Biodegradable, recyclable, and renewable: Cork is a natural raw material that is 100% biodegradable, recyclable, and renewable.
- Insulation: Cork has one of the best insulating capacities, thermal and acoustical, of all-natural substances. This is due to the fact that the gaseous elements are sealed in tiny, impermeable compartments, insulated one from the other by a moisture-resistant material.
- Fire retardant: Cork is a natural fire retardant as it does not spread flames and does not release toxic gases during combustion.
- Durability: Cork is also remarkably resistant to wear and has a high friction coefficient. Thanks to the honeycomb structure, it is less affected by impact and friction than other hard surfaces.
Summit International Flooring is proud to offer exclusive collections from GRANORTE:
- Vita Classics
For a complete list of qualities, please view the GRANORTE Catalog, here.