TENCEL® might be resilient, but it still requires proper care in order to keep it looking good!
When it comes to purchasing a TENCEL® based carpet or rug, we recommend buying one from Jacaranda Carpets. Not only do they have a wide array of options, but they only used TENCEL® from Lenzing AG. In other words, you can rest assured that your TENCEL® based carpet is created from a branded lyocell fiber, and not from a cheap substitute! However, just like most carpets, TENCEL® based carpets also need proper care in order to keep it beautiful
After your carpet is first fitted, Jacaranda recommends vacuuming it frequently. Some fiber loss, or ‘shedding’, is normal and will stop after a while with frequent vacuuming. For increased longevity of your carpet, they also recommend completing the following guidelines:
- Place barrier mats by doors and clean them often.
- Use castor mats under all castor chairs.
- Add furniture cups under the legs of furniture.
- Lay non-slip underlay under all rugs.
- Rotate rugs regularly to spread wear.
- If you’ve purchased a TENCEL® carpet from Jacaranda Carpets, we recommend buying a Jacaranda Host Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit in case of accidents
How To Treat Spills and Stains:
Most carpets will stain from spills of everyday liquids like coffee or red wine. To minimize damage when you spot a problem, you should act quickly!
- Pick up any solids using a spoon or blunt knife Blot up liquid gently with plain, white, absorbent paper such as kitchen towel.
- Keep blotting gently and change paper regularly until it comes back dry.
- Never rub or scrub which can ‘burst’ the pile surface causing permanent damage.
- Do not add water.
- Avoid home cleaning chemicals which may set the stain, damage the pile, or leave a sticky residue prone to re-soiling.
- If the stain remains, the safest choice is to call in a professional carpet cleaner or try using Jacaranda’s Host Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit.
Although regular vacuuming will help to keep your carpet clean, it will eventually need a more thorough cleaning. At that point, we recommend contacting a reputable professional. Please note, they should recommend dry extraction as the best treatment. In addition, if you want to add a stain proofing treatment to your carpet, it should be applied by a professional. Although stain proofing treatments won’t make carpets invincible, but treatments should make stains easier for professionals to remove.
Should you like more information on how to properly care for TENCEL®, we are here to help!